The second challenge for Fall Fearless and Fly has these prompts:
Headline Prompt: Taking a Chance: When did you take a chance or a leap of faith? How did it turn out? What did you learn?
Color Prompt: What color do you like least? Use it!
Quote Prompt: "Don't refuse to go on an occasional wild goose chase -- that's what wild geese are for." Anonymous
Color Prompt: What color do you like least? Use it!
Quote Prompt: "Don't refuse to go on an occasional wild goose chase -- that's what wild geese are for." Anonymous
I ignored the headline prompt since I am not a risk-taker.
I used yellow, one of my least favorite colors. I like almost all others a lot.
And I used the quote over a photo of my backyard and a googled goose.
Edit: I realize now that this sounds as if I never take a leap of faith. Our marriage 55 years ago was certainly one of those leaps. We had barely enough money to get across the country from Tennessee to my husband's navy assignment in California. There have been many opportunities to take chances over the years.

What a lovey post Faye !!
ReplyDeleteI really like the composition of this page and how the goose seems to be surveying the woods. Thanks for joining Fall Fearless & Fly (and for your kind words on my blog!).
ReplyDeleteI really like the way you used personal photography in your art. Great page!
ReplyDeleteWow, you have a beautiful backyard! I like how you used the phrase "googled goose" in your post. Nice artwork. :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful use for your art my dear Faye.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous.
xoxo
Beautiful work - love it.
ReplyDeleteLovely post and I love your take on the challenge, great work!
ReplyDeleteBig love
AJ :-)
Your work is really beautiful. I know what you mean by a leap of faith. We put everything we owned in the trunk of a car and moved to Florida to my husband's new Air Force assignment 45 years ago. When I think about how naive we were and how little we knew about life, I am amazed at how much we have been able to accomplish.
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! 55 years had to involve plenty of leaps of faith and taking chances! So glad you shared this with Fall Fearless and Fly!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! I really like it, both the colors and the canada goose! lovely trees! :)
ReplyDelete55 years together is quite something and just shows that some risks are worth taking when the rewards are so great. Beautiful work, Faye. I wish my back yard looked like yours!
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
very pretty Faye! This would make nice postcards or cards :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a stunning piece, Faye, and I love that quote (I've not heard it before). Truly wonderful work.
ReplyDeleteI love the goose - it actually inspired my response.
ReplyDeleteHappy FF&F!
Rinda
That goose looks so peaceful in your backyard - not wild at all. I believe all marriages are a leap of faith. Congratulations on your 55th Anniversary.
ReplyDeleteI love this Faye. I am not sure if this is a photo collage or a photo but it speaks well with the quote. It's a good thing that you have added an Edit portion as I believe that we all have taken leap of faith in one way or another. You are brave in case you don't know. We all are in our own ways. Cheers!
ReplyDeletePS* I was trying to find a background for your article in my magazine. I have taken a painting of yours titled Poppies in oil found in your site. Hope you don't mind. Thanks!
Faye .... I have to say you have a beautiful and rather large 'back yard' !!!!
ReplyDeleteI love what you have done here it is stunning!
Have a good weekend
Karenx
beautifully collaged layout. the sky in your photo is so brilliantly blue. it's arresting!
ReplyDelete