Thursday, September 20, 2012

PPF - 9-21-12

This week has been incredibly busy with medical visits.So for Paint Party Friday I fell back into dropping inks on a wet sheet and blowing the colors around with air from a drinking straw. Then after drying the sheet, I found areas that looked like flowers and leaves and outlined them in white gel pen (photo 1). To finish off this piece, I went to my Photoshop Elements and inverted the colors (photo 2). It may be a while before I can visit around, but I will definitely see what the other Paint Party Friday artists have been up to. Please forgive my meager offering this week. 
And here is a shoe I've drawn in my sketchbook. Maybe another painting in progress.


28 comments:

  1. Ahhh, ink is such great therapy:-) I really like how yo picked out the flowers and enjoyed the ink's flow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are gorgeous Faye.
    Wonder-and colorful play.

    Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faye, beautiful flowers...I think creating is the best therapy:)

    Hope all is well at your end!

    Have a lovely weekend my dear!
    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun creations and lovely sketch of a shoe ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very creative pieces, love your techniques! the shoe looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blowing inks is such fun as you never know what you are going to get. Mmmm is that a Hotters Sandal, methinks I recognise it. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun process with great results!

    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making time for art when our schedules are crammed is difficult. Great for you for carving out some time. Its important - really. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..delightful.such a color-splash...radiant and beautiful.. all are gorgeous!!Lovely as always!!
    Hope all is well Faye and take care!!
    Wishing you a beautiful wkd!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Faye. Lots of great color and the flow of the inks. Great job. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye thanks so much for your very kind comment on my post this morning... you have made my whole day... I love your shoe drawing... I hope you sow us more from your sketch book...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a lover of color that I am I am smitten with your paint blowing...very pretty pattern and colors!! Hope you find medical resolve! The shoe is a nice illustration too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. The effects of the ink blowing are gorgeous, and I also like the inverted effect in Photoshop. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color doodles, Faye. :) Inverted colors look fab, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Playing with inks and colors is so good for the soul, fun and wonderful result! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's really cool! Must have been fun too - TAKE care, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blowing ink around sounds like it could be fun! Especially if you are lucky enought to find flowers hiding there when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Faye I love the colours and effect on your ink blowing painting and shoe sketch

    Your sketch of shoe sketch is great too.

    btw I have to confess it was easy to make the doll... just paper clay around some scrumpled up paper, a bit of masking tape and thats it! But thank you for your kind words :)

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have got to try that straw technique, it looks like fun and gives you such a fantastic start for your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ✿彡
    º°♫♪º°
    Muito bonita, gosto das cores alegres, das folhas e flores.
    Boa semana, amiga!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ♫♪♪¸.•°`❤彡

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nothing like messin' with ink! Hope your next week will be easier. I love that soe, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are wonderful! Such beautiful colors and so inspiring to me to try the watercolor drop-in effect with intuitive drawing afterward. It is like finding a picture in the clouds that we used to do as kids. I love the reversed colors, too. I hope you get all medical issues under control quickly, lots of love coming your way from the universe.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow, I really love how this turned out. Such a natural abstract process.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Faye I love your technique. What a colorful outcome! I hope and pray that you are okay. Take care much!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How fun! I need to try dropping ink. Love your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so different from your usual posts... looks like fun, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.