Celebrate! is the theme for this week's So Artful challenge.
I had made some prayer cards for my Sunday school class members, but the ink smeared on some of them. Not being one to waste glossy cardstock I decided to dab on alcohol inks and blender fluid. I liked the effect even though the colors didn't turn out very celebratory.
We have so much to celebrate. Especially life itself. The dragonfly in my card represents freedom. The flower represents beauty, which is all around us.
Truthfully, I'm not in a mood for celebrating. On Thursday I lost another of my buddies from my adult Sunday school class. That's 2 in 2 months. However, we will celebrate Robert's life tomorrow at the memorial service and be happy that we were fortunate to have known him.
The text underneath the alcohol inks is from Isaiah 43, my favorite (at this time) chapter in the Old Textament

Wonderful background, love your dragonfly image.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Faye! This is a wonderful project, pretty and elegant, it's gorgeous. xx
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss Faye, but am sure your faith will give you much comfort.
ReplyDeleteI love your tag especially the beautiful layering of muted colours and stamping. Of course I had to enlarge it to fully appreciate it and am so glad I did.
Hugs Annette x
they say death is a celebration of life! know he/she is in a better place.
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card. your talent is awesome and it's a joy to visit. i hope to get here more often this year.
hugs :)
oh you had me AND HUBBY laughing at your GD being 22 and still giving her dad "fits". how funny. now i'm scared!!! just kidding. thanks for the giggles.
ReplyDeletehugs :)
I like the card :)
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss, of course they are in a better place.
Hugs, Kim
wunderful background.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Faye!
Hello, Faye. This is a gorgeous prayer card. I love how you used the blending of the inks to cover you smudges. A good save that works beautifully. Sorry to hear of the recent sadness in your life. Thank you for sharing with Soartful.
ReplyDeleteOlá, amiga!
ReplyDeleteComeço de ano... um brinde à beleza e criatividade do seu trabalho!...
Que nunca te falte inspiração para trabalhos cada vez mais lindos!!!
Bom domingo!
Bj♥s
Brasil°♫º
° ·.
Your tag is beautiful as your tags always are. I love to see what you do with your alcohol inks and blending and such of which I know nothing. Big Hugs
ReplyDeleteJune xx
I really love the background Faye...sometimes our happy accidents turn out to be our best stuff. This is gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteThe colours in this piece are very subtle and attractive. At first glance I thought you had stamped directly onto slate. Sorry to hear about your pupil - just shows that we must celebrate and enjoy each day that we have.
ReplyDeleteJanet xx
Beautiful background!!
ReplyDeletexoxo doris
Dear Faye,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss..words fail me now, so I hope that the Lord will bless you with His peace during this time...
Your card is really beautiful...you are an amazing talent and light to us all.
Love,
Cindy
Dear Faye, I hope your celebration of life eases your pain.
ReplyDeleteI adore dragonflys and your ATC is beautiful.
Take Care, hugs, Chris