Thursday, January 20, 2011

Highland Fling - Rainbow Lady's Challenge

SCOTLAND -  The very word sets my heart to beating faster. I'm quite sure I will never get back there, but the memories of the two trips I have made there are very dear to me.

Highland Fling is the theme for Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog this week.

My digital card is a composite of three photos we made. The top one is of the beautiful highlands; the second one is something we found amusing. Two vehicles were passing each other on a road built for one. The lower picture is me in front of Culzean Castle, where we were fortunate enough to stay for a short visit.

The plaid shown is MACNAUGHTEN, the clan with which my family sept, WEIR, was allied. We were shown the WEIR tartan while we were in Scotland, but I haven't found where I have stored that information. :-( Another side of the family was REID, associated with the ROBERTSON clan.

9 comments:

  1. Clever composition Faye and lovely to relive those happy memories. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a terrific page with so many special memories Faye. Wonderful. Have a great weekend. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and so many memories to treasure.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Faye, WOW this is brilliant, I love how you have placed your pictures. Love how it brought back such lovely memories. Scotland is wonderful and I just adore living in it.
    Thanks for playing at Rainbow Ladys Challenge again and thanks for popping by my blog, Hazelxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such a wonderful job on your creation Faye!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at RAINBOW LADY'S this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scrapbook page Faye. Wonderful to relive happy times and you will be pleased to know the roads are just the same! Come and visit - you are more than welcome.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creation Fay I love it. The top photo is what I see every day out of my lounge window and the caravans are a daily hazard in the summer. Many thanks for sharing your memories Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Faye this is fantastic, the photo's are wonderful and so clever of you to pull them together into such a beautiful card
    thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scotland is a beautiful place to visit, fab photo's Faye. Love Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.