Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Not Paper

Louise has really given us a challenge today: to make a tag for Tag Tuesday but not out of paper. It reminds me of some of the things I thought might work when I was a young child. Once I tried to tie big flat rocks under my feet to make sandals. That didn't work.

And so, I don't really think that this tag I've made "works" either, but here it is. I made it from some crocheted pieces my mother did years ago. The wood leaf is a gift. The flowers and  green leaf are fabric. I think I'll call this "I'm just gonna 'leaf' it as it is."

17 comments:

  1. Faye, the crocheted pieces as your tag are a wonderful idea! Just what I had in mind:)
    (smiled at your rock footwear idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's reflective of your memories, so that makes it important! Looks great Faye, love the little roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is how it should be - reusing things so that they can be appreciated all over again - especially as your mum made them.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Faye! love your beautiful tag. you are so crafty and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Faye--and so dainty AND clever!!! What a beautiful nature tag.
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. Love using the small doilies. Your comment about the rocks made me laugh. It sounds like something I might have tried. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative. LOVE the title... "I'm gonna 'leaf' it as it is". TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. how wonderful you used some family crocheted pieces

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous tag, Faye...what a beautiful ornament it is as well. So gorgeous! Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh! your too funny, rock sandles? A bit heavy I suppose! Well your tag is quite lovely I'd leaf it alone too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a darling tag! you are one clever lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I would have never thought about using crocheted pieces. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that is a very clever tag and I laughed at the title...very appropriate! I have not done a tag yet, still trying to get inspiration :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again, Faye...in answer to your question, for the moment I am living in Lagos, Nigeria. If you look just under my blog header you will see a title "about". Click on that and you will see a little bit more about me :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you used something of your Mom's! I have been doing that in so many of my pieces! This is beautiful Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, how cool is this? What a wonderful keepsake you've made.

    I got a good chuckle at your rock footwear episode!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.