Saturday, August 7, 2010

Proud as a Peacock - So Artful


So Artful Challenges has given us a lovely peacock background to help us do art with the theme: proud as a peacock.

I have a photo of a peacock herl (from my dh's flytying stash) that I painstakingly made into a png image. This entry for the challenge is digital. The photo is of my great-grandmother Jessie holding my mother in the year 1909.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Faye. Beautiful feathers. I love this picture of your grandmother and your mother as a baby. Aren't the old family pictures just wonderful.
    Thanks for joining Soartful challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow stunning I do so love peacock colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Faye, this is sooo beautiful. Great work.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye this is brilliant, love your work. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "BEAUTIFUL"... Wow!!

    xox doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Faye ~ you are just so very talented!!! I couldn't even begin to do what you do and it is just so beautiful!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Your sweet comments mean so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this one even more!
    Beautiful colours and what a gorgeous photograph. Lovely!
    Have a wonderful Sunday Faye,
    Hugs
    June xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! Faye, you create heirlooms - lucky family. So appropriate and lovely.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.