Tuesday, January 1, 2008

JANUARY 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! One of our ex-neighbors has a huge chili party every New Year's Day and we are so fortunate to be able to be their guests. Today's party was great. I think the chili was not quite as spicy as it has been in the past. I liked it this way. It is always a tradition with them to serve blackeyed peas and stewed tomatoes along with the other party food. One of the best parts of the party for me was getting to play with their 9 year old Golden Retriever, George. George came in to where I was sitting and laid his head on my knees. As I began to massage his old, aching shoulders, his head got lower and lower. I really think he went to sleep sitting up. Finally, I lowered him to the rug so he would be more comfortable. I enjoyed George. I miss my Mitzi, who I lost 2 and a half years ago. It was good to love on a dog again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.