The weather here has taken a turn for the warmer.
However, the official last frost date here is in May.
So I will wait for a little while before planting annuals.
On the other hand, the flowering trees and shrubbery
are so beautiful now in their spring colors.
This week in watercolor class, we had a choice of photos
to choose from. All were dogwood trees. I chose this
dogwood portrait to paint. Actually the picture was of
white dogwood blossoms but I wanted to do pink ones.
Then I took this terrible rose I had painted and doodled all
over the page while I was watching television. I think it
turned out to be an interesting doodle.
And hearty thanks to Kristin and Eva for hosting
the weekly Paint Party Friday.


beautiful rose flower and very nice the doodle flower!
ReplyDeleteHappy Day
Elke
Lovely painting and great doodle project! Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteThe rose doodle is fantastic and I love the dog roses. Your new header is wonderful. Hope spring stays with you! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeletelovely flowers and yes, your doodle is fun to see and must have been fun to makee.
ReplyDeletePink is my favorite color. I love your flower painting, and doodle, Faye. :)
ReplyDeleteStunning dogwood blooms! And I love your header. Thanks too for the sweet comment on my post! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLuv the all. The first dogwood blossom is.my favourite. Thanks for dropping by my blog today Faye
ReplyDeleteMuch🌼love
Dogwood is our provincial flower...you did a beautiful job! A few warm days and my daughter was tempted to plant annuals too...but I warned of the frost and rain. Your rose is so cool and funky! Well done!
ReplyDeletePeace Giggles
Great blog banner too!
ReplyDeleteThe dogwood blossoms are so pretty! And the doodling looks like fun. Your header flower is wonderful, too. I can tell you spend some time on your paintings. They have a lot of detail. I try to finish too quickly. Enjoy spring!
ReplyDeleteI adore your dogwood flower painting. I used to have a tree of pink dogwood outside the back door. I miss that tree. I also LOVE your doodle. It is quite interesting and detailed. ((HUGS)) I hope you've had a good week my Friend. <3
ReplyDeleteYour blossoms are so beautiful Faye, and I love your doodled rose. What a great idea to doodle over a painting you don't like.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful and elegant and so well done!
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)
Hi Faye, the dogwood blossoms are so beautiful and elegant, I love that soft pink color, gorgeous work! and woah...I am dazzled by this rose, amazing and powerful.. the line work is so intriguing and magical! Quite a mesmerizing rose!
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF
Victoria
lovely dogwood portrait beautiful colour and interesting doodling.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun doodle rose. I have not seen pink dogwood before, only white ones. Your painting looks lovely.
ReplyDelete-Soma
All you art is so lovely and inspiring. I love Dogwood.
ReplyDeleteDear Faye
ReplyDeleteOf my 2018 edition of ATCs [3.5x2.5 inches ] I still have 4sets. If you would like to swap email me for snail mail address
[haikuchallange.gc@gmail.com]
much love...
Lovely watercolour work and thank you for your comment on my blog. I try lots of different crafts with the elderly and I like your idea of making cards for the visitors to give away.
ReplyDeletelove both of them in different ways :) Watercolor seem like fun. Maybe I should look for a class.
ReplyDeleteYou are getting better and better in your art classes. You are very talented. I love the dog in a previous post. Hugs, lj
ReplyDeletebeautiful n interesting doodle!
ReplyDeleteLove shilpa (Desisoul arts)
Oh how I love your dogwood flowers, they're very lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fascinating doodle. I love it. Blessings, Janet
ReplyDelete