Thursday, May 12, 2016

Slow Art Week

 This purple iris was done in watercolor pencils and
enhanced with watercolors.


 This is a watercolor I made of the iris My Friend Jonathan
from Suttons in California. Below is a digital inversion of the same.


 A friend gave me some yellow calla lilies and here is
my painting of them.


 This is a redo of an old watercolor portrait.


 Here is a phone doodle I did while talking with my sister.
Wrinkles are because this was done on a paper napkin.


This is a watercolor of a dry creek bed.

These are my entry for Paint Party Friday, the best
party around. Thank you, Eva and Kristin.

29 comments:

  1. That second iris is lovely! I think it's because you used a wider range of values than usual - I've noticed you generally don't use dark values, and adding some there to define the shadow better made it so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are you and why can't your profile reveal how to get in touch with you?

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I didn't bother with a URL since I post very little art these days. My deviantart account is more or less up to date, though, you could look there: http://ladyphlogiston.deviantart.com

      Anyway, I've been reading your blog for a while and thought I'd come out of the woodwork for once.

      Caitlyn (ladyphlogiston)

      Delete
    3. Wow, Caitlyn, your works are simply gorgeous. I love the sidebar profile writeup about your painting as God directs or leads you. The colors are vibrant and beautiful. Thanks for answering back so I could have a chance to see your talent. I'd love to see you show your work on PPF.

      Delete
  2. your Iris and Calla lily are amazing, so are the others,, the creek bed is so detailed, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful paintings, and love the doodle, too. You are really getting better all the time, just fantastic. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second iris and the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I particularly like your iris painting...isn't it amazing how differently digitally chainging the image can have such impact. The dark version has so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I particularly like your iris painting...isn't it amazing how differently digitally chainging the image can have such impact. The dark version has so much depth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flower paintings as well as prtraits. Näpkin drawing is cute.
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that was a slow art week I'd love to see a busy one! There's plenty of lovely art here - I love the napkin drawing - what a cute portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that your slow art week is so full of loveliness and a huge amount of creativity... that is a sign you are creative to the core in my book...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow another gorgeous week...and I love your digital inversion...stunning! The iris's and calla lilies so beautiful. Every year I drive by this house that has a huge garden of white calla lilies that increase every year...I love them so much!Your creek bed is so calming and quaint! Your doodle face reminds me of the faces my mom used to draw while on the phone! You are living an artful life my friend...good for you!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely paintings. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been busier with your watercolors than I have. My favorites are Jonathan's iris and that peaceful dry creek bed. Happy PPF and blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think this is a slow week. I always love your flowers Faye. They are not only beautiful but also so realistic. Way better than I could do. I hope its a great weekend ahead. Happy PPF Erika

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful watercolor flowers and that creek bed painting is fabulous! Great doodle face on the napkin too. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the faces!!! and the flowers are so sweet, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the softness of the colored pencils on those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your iris is so delicate and appealing. I saw a beautiful iris in bloom last week outside of the library where I was hanging paintings for a show. The next day the gardener trimmed it. I was very sad that I didn't take a picture but your lovely painting brought back the beauty of the flower.
    Have a lovely week.

    ~~ Irene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Faye, I have missed visiting your beautiful-creative world! The irises are all so gorgeous..all unique and stunning..one of my favorite flowers! Beautifully done!
    Also love the dry creek bed, very peaceful!
    Happy PPF, I am #44
    Victoria( from the dreaming palette blog)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely paintings Faye. The doodle of the girl's face is awesome.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really beautiful Iris painting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful work Faye! I love that dry creek bed, makes me long to wander around there ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Since I am trying to master WC, I appreciate the tips and tricks and your work (descriptions) so much. Thank you. Your work is so amazing to me. Blessings, Janet PPF Thanks so much for the visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.