Well, I did lose power for overnight on Saturday/Sunday but
my house stayed fairly warm and I just went to bed early.
Wednesday was the first day I could get out of my
driveway. The first few yards out of the garage
were definitely the worst. Here are some photos:
backyard
front yard
backyard
I did do a little art but not much. I am trying to clear
out some of the tons of papers that my dh had kept
from when he was president or chairman of so many
organizations in the community and the church. So
that work has occupied most of my time this week.
These are my entries for Paint Party Friday.
A spread from my altered book.
a watercolor done after watching the frugal crafter.
a greetings card.
a WIP using Silvia's post as an example.
I hope you will click on the link and check
out what a beautiful art piece Silvia (Barnie)
has made using this technique that she'
learned from Rosie Klein's blog, and
especially from the wonderful video by Susanne Rose.
I did not have the powdered pigments (Brushos) and tried
to use some re-inkers. It did not work very well.
Lastly, I saw that followers are decreasing. On a blog I
found the reason why. Here is how to understand what
is happening if your list of followers decreases:




Beautiful pieces. Love all your snow as well. Keep safe and warm.
ReplyDeleteYour work is beautiful, love it all. Thanks for sharing the snowy photos. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie
ReplyDeleteThe storm seems to be over and the scene is peaceful lucily.
ReplyDeleteI love especially your beautiful winter painting and all are good.
Happy PPF xx
Wow gorgeous even though it's a bit inconvenient!! Glad the power outage didn't last too long. Hope your appliances fair well!Love the winter painting..stunning and the cards and altered book are awesome... love the variety!! Take care and stay warm!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
those photos are incredible - so much snow. I'm sure it was a pain but it certainly looks beautiful! Your journal spreads are lovely and I really like those butterflies. I read the link re followers - to be honest I have no idea how many followers I have or even how to check but I do know that most of the folk who read my blog tend to visit from PPF anyway so I'm not sure the google thing matters in my case!
ReplyDeleteyour artwork is lovely but i scrolled back up to look at those photos again... living in the sub tropics means that I am completely freaked out by the thought of snow. I am glad you didn't lose power for long... and I hope the snow is all on its way out of there...
ReplyDeleteLots of lovely art today. I especially like the altered book spread, it's just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou had a lot of snow coming and today I saw someone had daffodils in bloom. Glad to read all went well last weekend.
Love the snowy photos and your amazing art!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend Faye!
That is a LOT of snow! Beautiful to see but i can imagine it's a nuisance when you have to get out. I love your art this week, especially the second one and the colours in the third one. Thanks so much for the link abut the decreasing followers. I noticed just yesterday that all of a sudden my list of followers decreased and I had no idea what was happening. Happy I have the mystery solved, but still, it's very annoying...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to stay warm during the time you lost energy. I really like your butterfly pieces a lot , even if it's not exactly what you wanted. Thanks for the explanation on the follower count, since I did notice I'd lost 10 followers and was concerned that I'd offended them with some of my writings. Anyway, stay warm and safe in this beautiful, but dangerous weather. Happy PPF, my friend! #43
ReplyDeleteI love your art pieces, especially that winter scene. It fits in with all the snow you received- that's a lot. Glad your power wasn't out too long and sounds like cleaning out those papers was a good chore to get done while snowbound. Hope you have a warmer and sunnier weekend this weekend. Hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteGlad you didn't lose power for long Faye that is definitely not a fun thing.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have been busy making all kinds of lovely art!
I watched the brusho/embossing video and really enjoyed ... haven't settled down to try it yet.
I confess I enjoy snow and got so excited about our blizzard. Happy I didn't need to leave the house for anything.
Good luck on your clearing, that is not easy work.
Happy PPF
oxo Patty #47
sorry you lost power but thankfully it didn't last long! Lovely art projects! I lost followers because of Google's change too but didn't understand til reading another blogger's recent post. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteGlad your power is back! The snow is lovely--but I am ready for spring! And it is so true--a thing of beauty IS a joy forever. xo
ReplyDeletebeautiful work Faye, love that watercolour landscape. Sorry to hear you lost power, luckily not for too long.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful snowy photos! And your journal page and watercolors look great. I love the butterflies. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images of snow and lovely art pieces! Truly lovely and I'm glad you didn't loose power for long. I remember two years ago we lost power for over a week! we had an Ice storm. Truly scary. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteI love your beautiful butterfly art!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of snow! We have some but not as much. Such lovely artpieces you've created this week.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful winter wonderland and artwork Faye,
ReplyDeleteWe've not had more than a flurry so far although the reports say we might have some tonight!
I remember loosing power for three days whilst on holiday in Canada once.
I also want to thank you for the explanation about the loss of followers because I was wondering why I lost 5 followers all at once. Now I know!
Good luck with sorting out the paperwork... that can't be easy.
Stay cozy and safe. Happy PPF to you
Love the fun and bright colors. Keep warm with all the snow.:)
ReplyDeleteFirst I love your art. It is all so pretty and interesting with all the details. Snow? NO WAY. Lived in snow most of my adult life. Now I live in rain. LOL
ReplyDeleteWow, beautiful creative work!!! I also love the lots of snow!
ReplyDeleteSmiles from Belgium, Saskia :)
Hope you are still warm and safe. Your creations are fabulous.
ReplyDeleteI always love your card artwork. The watercolor is amazing. The reflection is so excellent. OMGosh I remember EVERY winter like that for years and years (until the 'weather' began changing). Then we had a warm Dec.(!). And things really changed, weirdly! Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeleteMe gustan las mariposas.
ReplyDeleteGran trabajo, Faye :)