Tuesday, June 16, 2015

New Curtains and Some Art

I have been busy changing the colors of my kitchen.
Since Day 1 it has been gray, black and white with
bright brass drawer pulls and accessories. I changed
out the pulls with a stainless look and painted over
some of the brass (I know, it is not permanent). 
This last week I have been making lined valances 
for two sets of windows and the patio door, which
also has canvas roll up shades that I made.



I worked on my canvas wall hanging in class last
Saturday. When I got home I could not stand the
color of the foliage. This is supposed to be a class
project, but I couldn't let another week go by and
have to look at those awful bright kelly green leaves.
So today I got out the acrylic paints and darkened
them. I think they still need work but they are much
better now. I haven't done the background yet but
I am thinking of a pale blue green and pick up the
colors in the flower to blend in.


This is my entry for Paint Party Friday.


28 comments:

  1. Stunning painted canvas Faye...and wonderful valances too....very talented lady!! Good job.... you are one ambitious 80 year old!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new colour scheme in your kitchen. Gorgeous vibrant flower on your canvas too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen is looking nice. Can't to see how those gorgeous flowers look on your finish canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your canvas looks good, and your kitchen looks wonderful! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super art and curtains. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very talented... Sewing in any form is a blood sport in my hands so I admire anyone who has that talent... And the hanging is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the blues in your kitchen with those beautiful lined valances you made. The hibiscus painting you're working on looks great. Happy PPF my dear friend! #34

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely hibiscus. Leaves are good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely canvas, and pretty blues for your kitchen now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous!! You're been working hard this week, Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful looking kitchen and valances Faye. Gorgeous hibiscus painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice kitchen, good work. I love the painting and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. luv the decor and the art; have a nice PPF

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. you know how I love flowers and these are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your valances look beautiful. I love that blue and white fabric...your makeover. Looks fabulous Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your canvas!!!!! Face lifts on the home front are always exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: I do love the window treatments. I Need to make some for our whole house or buy some. Ours are old and falling apart.

      Delete
  17. that are some beautiful flowers, and you did a great job with the foliage! And so wonderful to have a makeover in the kitchen, it looks wonderful ....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the look of your "new" kitchen. What a cozy place to sit down. Your painting already looks beautiful to me, and I can just imagine what it will look like when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely fabric for your revamped kitchen, it's good to have a change, then we wonder why we didn't do it earlier (at least we usually do).
    I do like your painted flowers and the shaded leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work with valances and shades! Your art has grown by leaps and bounds, Faye. Your talent is exploding! I always enjoy a visit to your blog. Your Bible study "girls" remind me much of my writing group of friends -- most of us in our 80's as well. God has blessed us both richly, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your valances. Changes in the kitchen are always fun. I need a change too. Love your painted canvas. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the print of your valances - and so lovely to "bring in the flowers" on your canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you. . leaves are great. Love the kitchen. Would love to see it with the sun coming through. Nice corner. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  24. The flowers are so pretty and your kitchen looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful hanging loveliness. you have done. I have just commented on about four of your art blogs.

    I do digital art as well. I just did one for my site I like to do for.

    With Bev. My piece is up on my page if you care to look.

    it made me put my thinking cap on. Little different you may see.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.