Lacking inspiration, I decided to paint what I could see from my easy chair. That object was the jardiniere painted by an ancestor in 1898. I have not done justice to this beautiful piece of art. At that time many ladies got white porcelain china from Bavaria and painted roses and apple blossoms on various pieces. I inherited this from my mother and it sits atop my mantelpiece. I am entering this in the Paint Party Friday challenge.
Below is a telephone doodle I made. I colored it using Photoshop Elements.



Love your jardiniere, it is beautiful, and you have made a beautiful painting of it. Valerie
ReplyDeleteLove your Jardinere painting...just gorgeous!! Also love your photo shop colored painting...very very adorable...glad to see you experimenting...if you don't feel inspire it probably means your ready to go in a new direction...seems to happen after a lull....I want to paint so bad and I am...but nothing is turning out right lately! Change is on the horizon!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
I love the vase painting and the portrait is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteReally like your drawing, great face. Two lovely pieces.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful jardiniere Faye, such a great treasure to own. Great face as well.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF, Annette x
http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/mix-it-monthly.html
Lovely pieces of work, Faye!
ReplyDeleteLove the jardiniere. I am a china painter and I was thinking...that is so cool that you painted that. One day I hope when I'm long gone some ancestor of mine will do a painting of my porcelain.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely and delicate painting of your jardiniere. I like sketching, painting or photographing little things that are special in my home.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful jardiniere! I think you've done a beautiful job painting it. I like the face, too. I think she looks like you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely object to have and with it's history, you did do it justice Faye, lovely painting. Clever work with the phone doodle, don't think I could have handled photoshop like you have :-)
ReplyDeletelovely pottery and sketch from your chair! That counts as great inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI think your picture of the jardiniere is so beautiful. It must be so wonderful having a part of your heritage with you always. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteThe jardiniere is gorgeous. It looks like a very beautiful piece! Super doodling too! Always nice when doodles turn out so well :)
ReplyDeleteHi Faye..wonderful story....how gorgeous..I love the jardeniere...romantic and elegant..love the color palette and pattern...beautiful painting.!and love the woman..she is full of mystery and inner strength...fabulous!
ReplyDeleteWishing you many warm blessings in 2014!
Well done Faye. Jardeniere is wonderful. Hope you are doing good in this new year and by the way, Happy New Year to you. Thanks for the b/wishes.
ReplyDeleteOh how charming Faye! Love the pink and green but I especially love your doodle. She has the neatest face!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Paint Party Friday!
Wow, fantastic... cannot believe that one can create such a fabulous telephone doodle.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful art. You must have inherited some of your talent from your ancestor.
ReplyDeleteFaye! Happy New Year! Lovely artwork! We all get into a lack of inspiration at times and I think of it as a refuelling time. Lovely work and have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful treasure and a beautiful jardiniere painting Faye,
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that you created that fantastic telephone doodle too.
You're obviously very talented.
I'm visiting PPF for the first time today and having a great time.
There's so much inspiration.
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing your artwork ;D
I'm visiting PPF for the first time today...it's been brilliant and so inspiring.
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for sharing ;D
a lovely painting of your jardeniere and how wonderful to have such a special piece. Love your doodle portrait too!
ReplyDeleteLovely pieces! Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteBoth pieces are great, the vase is very sweet!
ReplyDeleteAnd you know how I love faces haha ♥
Both your art pieces are lovely. The roses on the jardiniere are gorgeous. The woman's portrait is also beautiful. Love her eyes.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful jardiniere! Lovely colors!
ReplyDeleteoh how beautiful is that jar and the face!!! wonderful work Faye!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I love the jar!!!!! It's beautiful and I like the face too... I really need to try doing something with photoshop... I just always seem so lost when I open it up :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful flower vase…just lovely!
ReplyDeleteLovely vase and the doodled face is very nice as well. HPPF or should I say saturday.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely jardiniere, I think you have painted it so elegantly and beautifully. Your face is also compelling.
ReplyDeleteHeel mooi geworden Faye vooral de eerste hugs Danielle
ReplyDeleteThe jardiniere is beautiful, a lovely pot and a lovely painting. Looking at your telephone doodle I think it must have been quite a long telephone conversation - it would have to be for me. The digital colouring is lovely and really brings it to life. I hope you will be joining in the 29 Faces in February - it was very challenging in September, but I'm going to give it a go.
ReplyDeleteI love love love the expression on this face. Wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteNicole/Beadwright
Lovely pieces, prettys color and delicate touch!
ReplyDeleteI love the Jardiniere, it reminds me of a piece I painted an oil lamp with the shape, roses and green. Amazing. . . I think it is painted beautifully. Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDelete