This is probably the only painting I will do this week so I am going to go on and post it, although I hope it can be my entry for the Paint Party Friday this week. I started by using Anja's TOS method for the background. Please look at her beautiful work to understand how this is done. Then I stamped on a separate card stock one of my favorite stamps. I used a little distress inks on the background and on the stamped piece. The face was done in watercolor pencils. She looked so sad that I made a caption to suit her unhappy countenance. This is the front of a get well greetings card.
Here is a sketch I made tonight on the back of a crossword puzzle I had run off on the computer. If you look you can see the squares! I colored this using photoshop elements and some of the filters on it.
And finally, here is my entry for Word Art Wednesday, another of the TOS method collages.



WOW I'm so glad and proud, that you used the TOS technique, what a wonderful composition have you made, the background around the gorgeous painted face fits perfect.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs Anja
I just love that I would recognize your style anywhere! She is so vulnerable and beautiful! Love this card... I sure enjoy mine too!! Sometimes our soul shows up on the page and we don't even realize it until later!! Gorgeous work.... !!!! Going to look at the link you left!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Really lovely creation, beautiful face.
ReplyDeleteThis is really so pretty and dreamy!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful.
ReplyDeleteZe hebben zo'n lieve uitstraling Faye hugs Danielle
ReplyDeleteWow Faye your painting is absolutely gorgeous tfs!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card! The face is sad but so well done. Love the background - will check out the how to.
ReplyDeleteLovely pieces all three! I especially love your get well card, she has such a beautiful emotive feeling.
ReplyDeleteWonderful work! I especially like the second portrait, with the hint of the crossword in the background. It makes a cool texture.
ReplyDeleteThese are both wonderful. Both so pretty.
ReplyDeleteNicole/Beadwright
These are all so lovely! I really like the way the squares show under the 2nd one.
ReplyDeleteHard to pick a favorite! Great job on all three! Patsy
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work this week, Faye. I really love the crossword gal.
ReplyDeleteA lovely face as is the one in previous post. I see you there. This process interesting and you brought it all together beautifully!
ReplyDeleteHello dear Faye,
ReplyDeletePlease forgive me for my long absence but I think Freddie is finally on the home straight (fingers crossed)! It's been a long old haul and most of the time I am shattered by mid afternoon. But my art has kept me going.
Faye dear, your faces and paintings are so wonderful. I can see you perfectly in the hat. I am so glad to catch up with your lovely work and I love the photo in your header. We have only had strong winds, rain and yet more rain!
Take care dear, much love,
June xxx
Wonderful work. i love the crossword girl :)
ReplyDeleteWonderful work Faye!
ReplyDelete:Lovely work, I love the scripture piece!
ReplyDeleteI am in love with all three pieces Faye!
ReplyDeleteGREAT ARTWORK!
xxx Susi
notice our fun:
monthly challenge
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
biweekly challenge
MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE
wow Faye you have been busy, three very different projects and all are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF, Annette x
http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Oh I love the new girl too she is gorgeous...love the texture...your style is so prevalent now...I love it!! I bet you are looking forward to 29 faces!! I know I am!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
Beautiful portraits!
ReplyDeletereally nice compositions. I need to extend my background library so i will have to check out the TOS method. Thanks for sharing !
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work Faye! Valerie
ReplyDeleteFabulous work, my friend!
ReplyDeleteShe's just lovely, Faye. Such expression in her eyes :)
ReplyDeleteLindos work, the second leaf crossword demonstrates that art only depends on inspiration and not having many expensive materials at hand. Saludos
ReplyDeleteSo many varied things this week, and I love your snowy header too.
ReplyDeleteThat will certainly cheer the lucky recipient. Well done. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeletereally lovely projects Faye!!
ReplyDeletelovely work this week Faye!
ReplyDeleteLovely pieces! Especially like the rich color of the second work!
ReplyDeleteoh so beautiful Faye!!! lovely ladies!!! Wishing you a warm and cozy and Happy PPF!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pieces. Love your ladies. Nice projects that you have going. Have a great weekend Faye. Take care.
ReplyDeleteLove that card, I'm not feeling well so I'll pretend you made it for me. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is such an awesome get well greeting card! And I love your snowy header. This is the first time in years that the snow has stuck around for a while. Usually Va. snow is here one day and gone the next. It looks so pretty! :-)
ReplyDeleteWonderful pieces Faye, I especially like the second one...
ReplyDeleteIn the first card I like the way the randomly placed strips seem to represent the troubled state of the girl's mind, in a symbolic sort of way. Similarly the uneven placement of the sentiment words does the same. It all acts as a perfect foil for her sad face, and it is a beautiful image. A perfect card for a chosen person. I always love the way the simplest image tells a story, and your paintings always have that something extra.
ReplyDeleteLove the brilliant colours of the lady with the orange hat. I feel it would make a perfect 'Glad you are feeling better' card - it would cheer me up to receive one like that.
As for the last painting, everything about it is beautiful, and it makes a serene image. I have enjoyed my visit today. Thank you.
Your work is always so heartfelt, my friend. I really like the way the crossword puzzle is slightly visible under your portrait. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteThis is WONDERFUL, Faye. Thanks so much for sharing with us. You and your art are both such a blessing to me.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
Love all you pieces Faye and I am so in love with the lady with the orange hat, as you know :) ♥ Conny
ReplyDeletePiaroms Art Journaling
Hi Faye, Your faces are so lovely, gentle and pensive. It is amazing how you able to capture such feeling in them. I looked up the technique but did not understand how it was done, nevertheless, your background is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWondful Paintings,dear Faye! Love your beautiful faces espescially the one with the orange hair.
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Erika - Das blaue Haus
Your collage has turned out to be great Faye. The two faces are beautiful. My favorite is the second one. I'm off to see the works of Anjas
ReplyDeleteHappy PPF. Thank you for your lovely words .
Susan
HI Faye..all so beautiful! I love your sad girl and her serene expression..she is a silent beauty with stories to tell! Also love the next girl..so vibrant and sparking with energy..love the orange colors and tones..so blissful! and the last piece..very special..beautiful quote! Such talent!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a magical week ahead...yes it is very cold and icy here too! Stay warm and cozy my dear friend!
hugs
Victoria
I really like the bright happy color of the painting on the crossword puzzle! The squares give it a really neat effect.
ReplyDeleteThe Art World Wed. is brilliant looking, I love the words, the writing and the picture. Yes, she does look a bit sad, albeit I am fond of her. Too funny, she's a crossword puzzler. . .Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeleteI like all three of them. Perhaps most the last one. Great job, Faye!
ReplyDelete