This is a busy time for most of us as we wind up things from 2013 and prepare to take on the challenges of 2014. I hope the transition goes smoothly for all of you and that the events of the new year will be pleasant and rewarding. This is not a new painting since life has gotten in the way of art. I am entering it this week for the Paint Party Friday challenge because I really want to get back into the swing of things. I am adding this to Paper Minutes challenge for this week: Baby, it's cold outside.

Old or new, it is a beautiful winter painting. Love your header, too. I wish you a New Year full of health, happiness and creativity. Take care of yourself, Valerie
ReplyDeleteI agree with Valerie! The painting is beautiful! The different shades of blueish colours are wonderful!
DeleteAll the best for the new year!
Ilona
Such a lovely painting Faye. I know 2013 brought its sadness and challenges for you, I sincerely hope that 2014 will bring you strength.
ReplyDeleteA lovely winter painting. Love the blue minimalism of the landscape. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove your amazing winter mood. Wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHave a very happy new years, with lots of love, light, health and beautiful moments!
Erika
Beautiful painting of winter. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you step into 2014. Hugs Sharon
ReplyDeleteYour painting is delicate and magical and perfectly captures shadows on the snow. Have a wonderful 2014. Happy PPF
ReplyDeleteVery lovely painting! It captures winter beautifully with every color shade. Happy PPF!
ReplyDeleteYour work is always wonderful, I look forward to it in 2014. Blessings, Janet PPF
ReplyDeletebeautiful & I see you are in a winter wonderland too! happy healthy artful new year!
ReplyDeletecheers, dana
such a beautiful winter scene, Happy 2014 when it comes!
ReplyDeleteThis is really beautiful Faye!
ReplyDeleteHi Faye. Your winter painting is truly beautiful. Happy New Year and thank you for stopping by my blog. I truly appreciate your comments. Take care.
ReplyDeleteIt's such a lovely scene and nice use of blues and lavender. Thanks for sharing your work and encouraging us all. Have a great New Year.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful painting Faye! The silence and poetry of winter speaks to me quietly in your brushstrokes....there is a wonderful serenity and peace and calm I feel from this !Not only are the colors beautiful..but there is such a softness..like a birds wing.. feathers..gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWishing you much light and love in 2014!
HUgs
Victoria
So calming and dreamy!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2014
oh this is so perfect!!! what a wonderful painting Faye!!! and how sweet to find out both our sons were Joseph in the Nativity!!! so sweet!!!!
ReplyDeleteA lovely painting Faye, wishing you a very happy new year.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful painting. Happy New Year to you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful painting!:)
ReplyDeleteLove this too., Happy PPF and merry and healthy 2014 to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteLovely work, Faye! Happy New Year, my friend!May all your dreams come true in 2014!Much love from Brazil!
ReplyDeletebeautiful winterlandscape ... I love the blue colour-theme, perfect for this kind of weather. I hope 2014 will be kind to you Faye, and that each day the sadness will become more bearable and the joy will come back. Wishing you lots of strength ♥
ReplyDeleteHello Faye, your lovely painting brings me a sense of stillness and peace during this busy time. I have enjoyed following your art during the year and want to thank you for your visits to my blog and kind comments. I wish you the best in the upcoming New Year.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful painting, I love it! It has a beautiful wintry feel. The holidays sure are hectic, I love the festivity, but I am looking forward to trying to fall into a bit of routine myself.
ReplyDeleteit's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteFaye this is beautiful as are you and your wonderful spirit are! Wishing you a year of new happy surprises and creative abundance! Good to hear you will be back to creating regularly!
ReplyDeleteHugs Giggles
a eonderful winter landscape Faye!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year too you!
Lovely winter landscape, Faye...such cool colors that I get an ivy winter's chill just looking at it :) I also love your header photo...gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jan
Sure wish I could spell :) Should have been icy not ivy~~~
Deleteworthy of any winter mantle, just beautiful! hopped on by way of the Paint Party Friday Train! happy new year
ReplyDeleteLovely watercolor ~ beautiful ~ Happy New Year to you and much fun creating ~ thanks for visiting ~ carol xxx
ReplyDeleteYour painting is beautiful Faye. It expresses all of the quiet and wonder that winter has to offer. Your header is also lovely. We don't see much snow where I am and I always look forward to just a few flakes.
ReplyDeleteVery calming and magical! Love the light and the birds flying through this winter-wonder-land :) Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best for the new year to come ♥ Conny
ReplyDeletePiaroms Art Journaling
I love the limited colour range and the depth you have created in this beautiful painting. As Pia Rom has said, it is very calming. I wish you a healing and peaceful year. I have enjoyed your lovely art during 2013 since I found you, and look forward to visiting you in 2014.
ReplyDelete….. And I meant to say that I really like your header picture. Jez XX
ReplyDeleteIt really feels like winter in this creation of yours, Faye. The trees remind me of Gods love. Ever present. I'm so happy to see you working your way back into the swing of things. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteBeautiful landscape. :) Happy New Year 2014!
ReplyDeletewishing you a great peaceful 2014
ReplyDeleteVery attractive Faye thank you so much for your comment on my blog a very creative 2014 hugs Danielle
ReplyDeleteThat is such a beautiful painting Faye. Happy New Years!!
ReplyDelete