Thursday, July 18, 2013

Cool Fun on a very hot Day

This background was painted on card stock using Lumiere paints
and other acrylics paints, plus 2 of my favorite stamps.
   
Here I have used one of the filters in the Photoshop  Elements.

And yet another filter

Another face in watercolors and watercolor pencils.


I played around with petals and leaves, a folded card stock,
a concrete surface and a good hammer. Pounded flowers
is such a fun, spontaneous art form. Flowers used are marigolds, 
marigold leaves, tomato leaves, buddleia, several varieties of coleus,
petunia petals, salvia petals and barberry leaves.


Another pounded flower creation except this one is on
watercolor paper and no buddleia.


This is my entry in the Paint Party Friday challenge.




40 comments:

  1. The lumiere painting is very good Faye, they make the painting glow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow..These are all so uniquely beautiful Faye! I love the butterfly and all the magnificent textures and dreaminess! and your newest portrait..she is stunning..your fleshtones are always so stellar and full of life..she has such a friendly ,uplifting spirit I sense! I am entranced by the gorgeous colors and textures of the florals and petals..a feast for my eyes..magical!! Filled with lots of nature's essence! What a wonderful adventure here today..thanks for sharing your beautiful world!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a smashing selection of your art works Faye, Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pounded flowers ..... never heard of that technique. It looks wonderful though! The face has such a sweet expression on it, and that second piece you altered in Photoshop is magnificent. I like the original too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of it is wonderful, Faye. Have to try those Lumiere paints one day. And the flower smashing is just so fun.

    Blessings from Ukraine, xoxo c.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh Faye this is absolutely adorable just love your soooo talented creations!!!
    Awesome!
    xoxo SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Faye, love it all. Did you work with real flowers? It looks amazing. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you paint, it is so different to anything I do. And snap it's sweltering here too.Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Lots of creativity and beautiful art work here ~ Wonderful and Happy Weekend ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your first piece, the colors are stunning. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous outcome after pounding flowers and leaves! All your work is lovely, the background sky and face are so attractive. It is rather hot here too, and we are gathering hay. Hard work!

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all so awesome, I just love them. The pounded flowers is so awesome. I just love the random outcome. You have inspired me to try this soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous art projects Faye. Yes, I'm learning what fun digital play can be :) Pounding flowers sounds like a great way to get rid of stress.Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many beautiful paintings :-)
    The first has fine deepness and the third has beautiful light.
    I love Your last painting, it so light and morveles.
    Greetings from Finland and happy PPF.
    Lets see can I have ready my painting tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have been busy having fun! They all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all wonderful and I love the pounded flowers...great way to be creative and let off a bit of frustration :}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work this week Faye, you have been productive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those flower prints are lovely Faye, what a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many beautiful pieces this week, Faye!
    I think the first one with the butterfly is very beautiful as are the portrait and the flower images! :-)

    Happy PPF
    Ilona xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work Faye. Nicely done. Thanks. gloria

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your butterfly piece, so pretty! The different iterations are all wonderful. I also love the lips on your girl, they are beautifully done! The other piece is very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the background you painted for your butterfly scene, and the girl in your portrait looks really sweet. I've never pounded flowers, but it sounds like it might be fun. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your pounded flowers. You do such a good job at that, mine look like colored smudges. Your art piece is so pretty, as is your header.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The filters are so amazing and makes the picture look different. Your girl looks like she belongs in a story book. I love the experiment with pounded flowers. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your pieces are wonderful this week! I would love to know how you make the pounded pieces? Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love that relaxing butterfly..we are having a heatwave and I love it as most of the time we have rain

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow--the pounded flowers are so pretty! And I love your portrait and butterfly paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Halo Faye het eerste schilderij prachtige achtergrond zonder shoppen de kaarten zien er ook al zo prachtig uit hard gewerkt lieve groetjes Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful work - I love that butterfly painting. A watercolor portrait - I haven't the courage for that yet! Great job - I have to try the flower pounding - will have to use a lot of leaves. The deer eat all the flowers here (and many leaves as well!) Those pounded papers look like they would make fantastic backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So much lovely work here, Faye! I am intrigued by the pounded flowers. What a wonderful, creative thing to do. Your portrait is stunning as well. Have a wonderful week! Happy PPF! xo, janice

    ReplyDelete
  31. Feye I absolutely enjoy your art. So creative and beautiful.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful art Faye! Pounding flowers sounds fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your pounded flowers on paper. What a clever idea. Pretty soft colors and interesting textures. I also like the watercolor rose you show on your July 11 post. Its just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an array of loveliness! Glowing stamped art, portrait and hammered?f lowers? A Mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your new face she is so young and sweet. Your lovely painting is a reminder I still can't find my sparkling h2os...wish I could!! Good job! Very nice work...love the hammered textures too!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  36. there are some lovely pieces here! Your butterfly piece is stunning - I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So really great pieces here!!! I love the pounded flower paintings :) I need to gather up some blooms and pound out some frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dear Faye, I love your "hot day" art :) Your Background ist just stunning and he touched me! Wonderful work with soft and smooth colors! Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  39. I absolutely love your pounded leaves! Beautifiul. From one fellow Virginia to another...tell me, when will this oppressive heat go away?!!!! I never leave the AC anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello dear Faye!
    You have been so busy! Thank you for your visit my dear. I love the first three works done with the Lumiere paints. And you are so good at your watercolour portraits!
    Now you've even started pounding flowers and leaves!! What next will you try?
    Keep well, hugs and blessings,
    June xxx

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.