Thursday, July 25, 2013

Playing with Mica Paints and Sprays



 These backgrounds were originally part of the same creation.
I used everything shiny I could find including Pearl Ex which
I rubbed onto the surface and sprayed with hair spray to set. 
The butterflies are part of a set I had made earlier (see here).
The mermaid was drawn onto white card stock and colored 
with Prismacolor pencils. Both will be used as greetings cards.
These are my entries for Paint Party Friday for this week.


33 comments:

  1. Greeting from summer vacation. It was very nice little trip.

    Your mermaid is so beautiful and sweet. Butterflies fly soon to some birhtday person, I think, they are so wonderful.

    I have in my blog side the picture of blue bird. Klicking that bird You can find my new blog, where all my friends and readers can change cards. This is not ATC, because they are so small. Come to visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both beautiful paintings Faye, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and the colors are superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really, hairspray? Fab, both! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely colours in both pieces and I love the pearlescent shimmery effect you achieved. I love that you used hairspray as a fixative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, love the shimmer. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background...so beautiful Faye!! Really makes the mermaid pop!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful Faye is so much movement in the mermaid beautiful happy Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I do love the mermaid one.Happy PPF friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your mermaid, she's so beautiful! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such gorgeous shimmering projects Faye! Those backgrounds are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool! I've used acrylic medium as a binder with my Pearl Ex, but now I have to try hairspray. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them, Faye! Mica is just a fun thing to work with... it almost makes the work magical!
    Stopping in from PPF to say hello...
    have an artful weekend!
    Renee xoxo
    http://www.fussitup.blogspot.com/2013/07/dreaming-and-paint-party-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are magical Faye, just love the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your shiny projects Faye ! Your butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, really love the one with the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your mermaid. Very magical scene.:)
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are two sweet pieces! I love the colors and the addition of the butterflies and mermaid!

    Happy PPF
    Ilona xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faye, I love the shine on both the pieces. The butterflies and the mermaid are very pretty too.
    SusaN

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Faye, loving these new pieces and I have been taking a look through your previous posts too. I love how your work is influenced by butterflies at the moment, so pretty! Great pieces and loving the shimmery effect. Beautiful mermaid too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the soft and shimmery effect. Both pieces are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They will be beautiful cards, nice texture on the butterflies, you did forget to link to how they are made!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Faye - so beautiful and I am sure the sparkle is wonderful IRL

    ReplyDelete
  24. So lovely! I have not used mica.... you are tempting me to check them out lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful creations, love the gold and the colors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Theses are so lovely and stunning, Faye~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Faye, this gold is just stunning...you have used it so beautifully. The mermaid just glistens her story away! I love it. HeArtfully and a hug! Samara

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing piecing, love the mica look.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Faye, I love your colors and your amazing mermaid! Gold and turquese is just a dream deam and you fixed them very impressive. Have a wonderful week and late HPPF - Erika

    ReplyDelete
  30. And what beautiful cards they will be to received when you do. Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the cards. What a great way to use Pearl ex without getting the hair dryer out. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.