Thursday, March 7, 2013

Painting for March 8

This is my entry for the Paint Party Friday for March 8, 2013. It came about as two different paintings that I have combined. The background was done in a mixed media tablet in watercolors. The woman sketch was done in my mini journal, scanned, printed, watercolored, cut out and attached to the background. Does anyone besides me think she looks a little like Julie Andrews?

33 comments:

  1. The hills are alive with the sound of music...yes, Faye...I do see a bit of Julie Andrews in your lovely mixed media piece of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job combining and I love the contrast and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work, and yes, I can her singing! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Julie Andrews would like to look like your painting! Super colours.
    Winter is back with snow forecast for the next week. It is freezing cold.
    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic composition, background, and portrait! A trifecta!
    Way to go, Faye!!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your colourful painting Faye and yes she does remind me of Julie Andrews.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. she does look like Julie Andrews..lovely painting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I can hear her singing. What a beautiful voice and excellent creation. Nice job Faye. She looks like a woman who is blessed with certainty, self-reliance, full of life, sexy, and just beautiful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful background, maybe she does have a look of Julie Andrews, especially the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's beautiful Faye, I love the perspective and the background is wonderful. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she does look like Julie Andrews!!!! Were you humming the sound track to Sound of music while you painted perhaps... I can see you belting out the hills are alive while you paint...xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't have realised that beautiful backround was separate from Julie Andrews (yes she does look like her!) the colours go perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The two paintings really go together seamlessly. And absolutely she looks like Julie Andrews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought she reminded me of someone and when you said Julie Andrews it really clicked! Great job, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice movement in this painting -- I can feel the wind from behind. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great composition and collage. It makes "Julie" really stand out against the background. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fantastic composition Faye ...!!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, she does actually :-) Love the combination of the 2 paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is wonderful and some resemblance to Julie. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty face, wonderful color composition in the background. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Before I read your words I was thinking she looks like a Carol Burnette...but now that you mention it she does look like Julie Andrews too!! Wow...excellent work Faye!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  22. She does look like Julie, now that you mention it! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely work...great idea to combine two works!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks good and she does resemble Julie Andrews! I couldn't make out that the background and 'Julie A' are separate...Nice work!
    HPPF Faye :)
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Faye...oh my gosh..yes totally..she does look like Julie..brilliant..the shape of her face..the lips and eyes..the expression!! She is gorgeous..I am loving the color palette too...inspiring and warm and lively too! I love that you combined them as one..how powerful!! Fabulous work..I always enjoy my visits here!
    Wishing you a Happy March!
    PS:Thanks so much for your encouraging words!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, you've captured Julie beautifully Faye!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Julie" and the background merge so beautifully! Love the effect, that her hair is blowing a bit ;) xox Conny

    ReplyDelete
  28. she's so beautiful, Faye! Love the background and her julie looks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Julie looks great! Great painting and background work!

    ReplyDelete
  30. She does look like Julie Andrews! Beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful idea. . . I love how the whole painting turned out. Yes, she looks a bit like Julie Andrews and you also. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  32. My first thought was sophisticated lady! HPPF a bit late!

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.