Thursday, March 14, 2013

Just Playing Around this Week

Not much real art by me this week. I did make this "card". The background
was a computer sheet where I was trying out stamps and inks. I decided to keep
going with colors on it and sprayed lots of different MoonGlow (mica-loaded)
sprays. The flower is made by spraying 3 coffee filters with other mica sprays.
Then I photographed that part and put on the computer. With Photoshop Elements
I added the sentiment and the borders. Below is a real watercolor in one of my 
journals. I am entering these in this week's Paint Party Friday challenge.



45 comments:

  1. Loving both your card and your journal page Faye. Beautiful colourings. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Faye. I know many are blessed with receiving your cards and I know it is a joy for you as well.
    Hope this is a feel-good day for both of you today. Prayer sent up.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful colors, Faye, and the pieces are adorable.

    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. great pieces and such a wonderful flower you made with that coffee filter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is pretty interesting Faye... Love both your pieces :)
    I am reminded of coffee painting.
    HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour palette in both images Faye. I love the imagination that thinks up these ideas like your coffee filter flower. Ingenius.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you made it, it is REAL art. I love the card and the sketch. Happy PPF !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faye..such gorgeous pieces!! I love them both! The watercolor is absolutely beautiful and charming..and I am feeling this vintage-style of energy with it..the color harmonies are blissful and intriguing to me..they give me deja vu! and Love the card too..the colors also call out to me..very peaceful! Fantastic art!
    Happy wkd and Happy Spring!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and your painted flower.The coffee filter flower you made and worked in photoshop is lovely!! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, these are so beautiful. I love the colors and the creativity in the top one. You always have such beautiful art on your blog~~~

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful art Faye. Love all the nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The card and your journal page are both lovely Faye! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and page, Faye!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that flower you made with the filter! Beautiful art Faye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Faye.Hope you have a great weekend. For just "Playing around," your work is awesome. Beautiful page and wonderful card. Thanks. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faye, I adore the card, the colors and the flower are perfect! HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Faye, what a great card and painting. Really like how you used coffee filters for the flower and then used Photoshop. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. just wonderful dear Faye!
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you can't go wrong with colorful flowers...beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful flower, transmitted delicacy and sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your florals! Lovely cards to send to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is 'some playing around' ~ most beautiful art work ~ divine! ~ Enjoy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely colours..like your word art below too..have a lovely weekend Faye

    ReplyDelete
  24. As a woman I am so proud of you!! Wonderful pieces my dear and I love that you are so computer savvy!! Thanks for sharing your process!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both are very lovely Faye, delicate works!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, Faye. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the bright colors in the journal. The card is lovely. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both pieces are lovely Faye. The colors are so different but both really appeal to me. I love the softness of the first piece and the vibrancy of the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh, soooo pretty! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like real art to me :) Lovely card and page! xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely pages, the yellow page is my favorite!!
    Great job!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh so fabulous!!! The pink one is my favourite - love the vibrancy of it!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  33. Looks to me like you had a pretty creative week! I love the colors in the watercolor. It's so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful flower painting faye! The colors are mesmerizing! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks very real to me. Art is the way we make everything unique -- your card is lovely and the watercolor flower is energetic and vibrant. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just gorgeous work! Happy PPF :) ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  37. Playing around is the best and gets the best results too I think. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The background shades of your card is beautiful.The coffee filter flower is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love your flower! It's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Two great pieces. Thanks for sharing your process, i think the coffe filter flower is a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  41. Absolutely beautiful ... I love it!

    xoxo doris

    ReplyDelete
  42. beautiful, especcialy the second one...to bright and springfull :)

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.