Art Cards challenge's theme today is Poison. I immediately thought of that sprig of poison ivy that has grown up in one of my shrubbery plants. So with this pad of paper sent to me by some charity wanting a donation I took my pencil and sketched the poison plant.
When I got back into the house, I noticed what was written at the bottom of the pad. (Enlarge picture to read.) I looked to see if there was some benefit or purpose for Poison Ivy. I believe it is used in some medicines.
Sorry for such a poor post today. Much housework to be done. If I get more time, I will add something else.
Just remember when you are walking in the forest,
LEAVES OF THREE, LET IT BE! (Don't touch!)
Edit: I took the above drawing and painstakingly removed all the parallel lines. In the spring and summer poison ivy is shiny green. In the fall it can be red, pink, burgundy, golden, etc, just as the autumn tree leaves are. All parts are toxic in any season. Sensitive skins break out in horrible rashes.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.