Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tag Tuesday - Strawberry

This tag was made for Tag Tuesday. When I saw the theme was strawberry, I was stunned. My dh and I went to the local berry farm this afternoon and bought strawberries to make into freezer jam. We ended up buying 16 quarts of the goodies. Now let me tell you that that is a LOT of strawberries. They are huge, sweet, and in perfect shape. But my sweetie wanted me to get after them right after dinner, which I did. We called our son to come and please take 3 quarts off our hands. The second photo is what we got. As you see I used every available jar and plastic container I could locate.

NOTE: My strawberry jam is not cooked. I followed the recipe on the Sure-Jell package. You mix the Sure-Jell (pectin mix) with sugar and boil for a minute. Then you dump in mashed up strawberries and mix well. Put into jars and let set up for 24 hours. Then freeze for up to a year. We just today finished off last year's jam. Now we have another whole year's worth in the freezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.