Saturday, May 17, 2008

Saturday's Workout Chalk


The theme chosen for this week's Saturday Workout is "Chalk it, Baby," where we use chalk.
The hummingbird is on  the front of a greetings card I made. For the bird I used a brass template and soft pastel chalks. The leaves and flowers were hand drawn using the same pastels.
Other artwork using all kinds of chalk is at the SW website. I couldn't resist doing another pastel. The top piece is the one I did second.  I used an ATC sized piece of white watercolor paper and tinted it pink, salmon, and tan with pastel chalks. I stamped with Photo Distress ink the image of a young woman. It gives her a peachy look.

17 comments:

  1. Oh Faye this is amazing. Gorgeous creation. Love this.

    Thanks so much for this entry to Saturday´s Workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Faye, that is so stunning! love it all :)

    Marlene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wunderschön......ganz klasse gemacht.

    LG
    Gitti

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous creation Faye! Wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and your cards . Please join in my challenges too at

    http://rainbowladyschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    Love Cynthia and thanks for your comments. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous Faye!! love those soft colours!!! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Extraordinarily beautiful, it seems a fairy tale,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Faye, these are so soft and pretty! They must have been fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks fantastic - so subtle I love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this card is so beautiful, great.

    ReplyDelete

Getting to know other art bloggers from around the world is such a pleasure. I feel like you regulars are my friends. Thank you for visiting.