Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Volunteering
Today I started a new job. I'm going to be spending one morning a week volunteering at a local nursing home helping with activities. When I filled out the application, I had in my mind that I would be helping with arts and crafts. Today I wrote letters, chatted with some of the residents, met a lot of the staff, and helped pass out lunch plates and juice. One of the residents has the same interest in women mystery writers as I do, and we have read lots of the same books. That was fun. Another one, a man, has taken up sketching since he has been a resident. His works look a lot like colorful Zentangles. I have some black and white ones on my Wordpress blog. I told him about mine and plan to take them in next week. I think he'd enjoy doing that. I'm looking forward to next week to see what's been planned for activities then.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very Pretty! Your transfers turn out so good!
ReplyDelete